Pearl Jam in the 'Dam

Tomorrow I fly to Amsterdam for a few days, and I cannot wait.  I always enjoy exploring a new city for the first time, and love travelling, but this trip also has another element.  I am seeing one of my favourite bands, Pearl Jam play on Monday!  I am one lucky boy to have a partner who gets me such amazing Christmas gifts as this!

This is a band that has consistently been on my life sound track for over twenty years now.  I have seen them live just the once, at the Cardiff CIA back in 2000.  The new album, Lightning Bolt has a sound and feel that is reminiscent of the Ten era and there is not a disappointing track on the album.  All in all it should be quite a show, I am sure they will perform a lot of their back catalogue, plus the new stuff too and I am thinking that there will be a few hairs standing up on the back of my neck moments, fantastic! 

I am also looking forward to my stay in Amsterdam a great deal.  I have heard so many great things about it, it looks beautiful, so many museums, places to eat and as with every trip abroad that we do, there will be plenty of scope for mooching around, soaking up the sights and sounds of the city.  Plus we will get to see Holland play Spain in their opening game of the World Cup on Friday night, and I am pretty certain that'll be an incredible experience too!

Excited? Just a little bit!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye, Bug.

Magic Board.

Beautiful Boards!