The Surfing Life

I surf and I surf well.  I should do too, given the years or should I say the decades that I have dedicated to it, although that last bit does make me feel a tad old, but hey ho, it's just a number.

From the day I first began surfing, way back in '86, surfing and the culture that surrounds it has pretty much defined who I am.  Although to a lesser extent in recent years, due to constraints on my free time and the fact that I have developed interests in lots of other tings, in the past it has been my everything, and nothing would get in the way of its pursuit.  My entire life would be planned around the next swell, plans would be thrown out of the window to go surfing, school was missed, jobs and girl friends were lost and turmoil created at home and away in the name of riding waves.

Surfing immediately put a spell on me, it gave me exactly what I was looking for when I was a young teenager in need of a direction.  It opened up a whole new world of fun, excitement and possibility, not to mention friends and a sense of belonging that was so important to me.  It has provided me with countless experiences that are being added to all the time, in fact I would say that my world view has been heavily influenced by surfing and surf culture.

In short, I love surfing.



Photo Max Buchanan





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye, Bug.

Magic Board.

Beautiful Boards!