Rusty Gold.

There are certain vehicles that lend themselves to rust really well.  I am not talking rot, let's make that clear, but rather that sun induced surface rust that you get on the upward facing surfaces of vehicles that reside in dry, sunny places such as Southern California, or the Mediterranean.
 
Frank Fritz and Mike Wolfe, aka the American Pickers would undoubtedly refer to this as being 'patina', and covert items that have clearly been used and show the signs of wear associated with a lifetime of service, out in the elements.  Many would argue that this level of deterioration detracts from the aesthetic of the car, van or truck, but I am of the opinion that it demonstrated a level of authenticity that should be preserved, rather than restored.  Don't get me wrong, I love shiny paintwork, but sometimes general wear and tear and that sun scorched look that you know has come about over several years worth of sunshine can tell so many stories about that car.  To me it shouts out as being authentic and original, not something that has been manicured. More often than not these cars are still very much in daily use, and not locked away in a garage, which is great, because it means that I can see them in all of their rusty, I mean sun scorched, glory.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye, Bug.

Magic Board.

Beautiful Boards!