Off The Wall




While the Vans brand has become almost ubiquitous in recent years, I still find the designs very appealing, particularly the Era and Skate Hi ranges.  I know that nostalgia has a huge part to play in this, as these were the shoe of choice when I was a grom, but there is something about these shoes that I really do like, and probably always will.

A lot of the attraction is born out of them being from a different period in time, that they are designed with the surf/skate lifestyle in mind, and they say Southern California so subtly and yet so clearly at the same time.  The design has stayed true for several decades, and are one of the few shoes that a forty something can wear, and not look like he is having some sort of mid life crisis!

For a while I have to admit that I was troubled about them being worn by everyone and anyone, but now I am just happy that I can still get hold of the shoes that were so coveted when I was growing up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye, Bug.

Magic Board.

Beautiful Boards!